Saturday, February 8, 2020

2020 Update: Not Dead Yet

Dear faithful readers (if there are still any left),

My "quest" to see all 1,000 films on They Shoot Pictures, Don't They's 1,000 Greatest Films list started exactly 10 years ago. When I started, I had seen less than 200 films from the list. Now I've seen 685, according to the latest update. This set me back two points from where I was at at the time of my last post (last August), which gives me a net increase of five films over the past year.

Wow. Where have I been? Not watching the 1,000 Greatest Films, that's for sure. Actually, I've been spending my time catching up with blockbusters that I missed over the past ten years and being busy with life. But enough excuses. There's no getting around the fact that the past few years have been lean years for the quest. However, it is an Olympic year. And having seen over half of the list's films during the past ten years, there's a possibility that I could still make it to the finish line in the same amount of time that it took Odysseus to get back home.

Anyway, this quest's not dead yet, but it is turning out to be quite the odyssey. Let the 2020 games begin...


The complete 1,000 Greatest Films list (created by Bill Georgaris at They Shoot Pictures, Don't They) can be viewed at this link: http://theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php

A list of all films that have left the list (from last year's edition as well as all previous versions) can be seen at this link: http://theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_ex1000.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment