Tuesday, January 18, 2011

#293: All About My Mother

Directed by: PEDRO ALMODOVAR
1999, TSPDT Rank #678

This post contains content written for the Internet Film Club.

I didn't feel this film was quite as good as Talk to Her. I felt that it was lacking in emotional depth. That being said, it is still a very good film, and I feel that as far as the screenplay goes, the overall content is better than in Talk to Her. Talk to Her is much more emotion centered, and All About My Mother is much more plot and character oriented. If there would have been more emotional depth to back up the melodrama (especially toward the end) this would really have been a knockout film. But at this point as far as saying which of the two I liked better, I would say that's pretty much an apples and oranges question, because I have different reasons for liking the different films. I think they're both about the same general quality, so I'll give the same rating to both.

(Rating: 8/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment